Sunday 13 September 2015

Frogs & Butterflies - 13/9/2015


I was able to spend some time relaxing in the garden this morning and managed to get some photos of the froglets that have now left the pond.  Some are are bigger than others as you can see in the photos.


I can spot four in the photo below,
can you see them too?



The little frog below had just exited out 
of the pond and climbed onto the rock.


Whilst putting away some garden furniture I discovered that some of the frogs that have left the pond have moved into one of the little sheds at the side of the house.  I'm not sure if these two frogs are ganging up on this spider or are just happy to be in it's company:


My youngest daughter found
a butterfly in the garden:


I think it's a 'Speckled Wood'

9 comments:

  1. I think the frogs are wondering how to eat the spider.
    Amazing how many you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably Adrian. Yes, I'm delighted to see so many frogs, it means there is a good chance I'll get more frogspawn at some point.

      Delete
  2. Lol, I love that kitty T-shirt! It is a Speckled Wood and that's an interesting looking viewing/specimen jar. Seeing the little frogs next to the spider shows how small they still are - it surprises me that they are so slow growing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a cute t-shirt!

      I bought that view jar from Ebay after seeing another blogger using one. Just do a search for insect viewer and you'll find loads.

      The froglets are all sizes, some tiny others quite large.

      Delete
  3. Need to get the folks to rejuvenate their pond, used to have toads and newts then got silted up essentially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a nice little project for you Simon, perhaps you could blog about it too, showing the pond before and after you've helped rejuvenate it.

      Delete
  4. So many of them!! I also often find them in the garden.

    ReplyDelete