Sunday 10 January 2016

After the Rain - 10/01/2016


Having removed most of the leaves out of the pond back in November, I'd not been out to look at it much since then as the garden had been too wet to venture out onto.  

However, I had to go out into the garden today to fix the washing line which had broken recently when we left clothes on it one night during heavy wind and rain. As you can see from photos taken today, the pond is doing okay:




Thanks to the amount of rainfall we've had, 
Wildlife Pond #1 is looking healthy:


The front of the Bug Hotel
got a good soaking:


A rather muddy and waterlogged garden:

7 comments:

  1. My running route has been a bog from beginning to end! THe pond is looking great, hope you get some good tenants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pond is looking good, all the rain has stopped mine from going off! after I cleaned the leaves out.
    Garden looks very wet and muddy, going to take a few days before that dries out..
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. I'm not sure about days anymore, it'll be weeks! Still raining now!

      Delete
  3. Hope you are well, have you got any frogs spawn in your pond yet ? some people have reported seeing some already..
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good here Amanda, thanks. I haven't been out to my pond recently to be honest, the garden is waterlogged so I've kept off it. I will check the pond at the weekend and report back.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your comment - and, yes, I really hope you get some spawn soon. I am hoping to see my first frog (or toad) of 2016 ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read Amanda's comment and your reply ... :-)

    ReplyDelete